Google

Monday, September 14, 2009

Is It Too Late For Me?

En Ahmad asked:

I'm 26 years old and would like to apply for AME course in Glamorgan Univ in Cardiff.

After doing some research on internet,i found that Glamorgan Univ offer B Sc Aircraft Maintenance Engineering + EASA B1.

I need to hear your opinion and advise regarding this matter.

Do you think its too late for me to be in this field?

I'm looking forward to hear from you as soon as possible.


My reply:

Dear En Ahmad,

There is never to late to learn, as well as turning your life directions from where you are now. The main important thing is whether you sincerely like it or not. When you like what are you doing, age is not a concern anymore.

With regard to the requirement of the authority, in your case i refer it to CAA UK, the min age is 20 for LWTR and 21 for Type rating (Refer BCAR Sect L CAP 468), with regard to age limit as mentioned in Age Discrimination and Aviation Safety Legislation, the age limit is proportional to safety concern.

I encourage you to pursue it and establish as LAME, there is a lot of demand for LAME in a future ahead. Good luck.

No comments: